Founded to assist and compliment the services of its parent company, Beam’s Contracting, Inc. to support the demands of a growing local community.
In 1991, GradeSouth, Inc. was founded to assist and compliment the services of its parent company, Beam’s Contracting, Inc. to support the demands of a growing local community and the steadfast construction at the Savannah River Site (SRS) located in Aiken, SC.
GradeSouth, Inc. has held a highly regarded relationship with SRS for over twenty years and maintains an on-site production office with a staff of more than 30 highly skilled employees.
Although GradeSouth, Inc. operates primarily at SRS, we offer a broad range of services including, but not limited to:
- General Construction
- New Buildings & Foundations
- Earthwork (Site Clearing & Grubbing, Mass Site Grading & Roadway
- Contaminated Soils Remediation
- Underground Utilities (Storm Sewer, Sanitary Sewer, Fire & Domestic Water)
- Waste Water Treatment Plant Construction
- Concrete (Flatwork, Curb & Gutter, Sidewalks, Pavement & Structural)
- Specialty Concrete (Decorative Concrete, Specialty Coatings)
- Sub-base Installation (Sand Clay & Aggregate Base)
- Asphalt Paving (Parking Lots, Highway and Runways/Taxiways)
- Authorized “Street print” Applicator (Stamped & Colored Asphalt)
- Sealcoating & Line striping
To ensure prompt delivery and proper installation of these services, we employ over thirty highly skilled quality craftsmen and possess a fleet of equipment valued at over four million dollars. We operate mainly in the Central Savannah River Area 9CSRA) but do not hesitate to accept contracts outside of this vicinity.
Currently we have a maximum bidding capacity greater than 40 million with the Georgia Department of Transportation (GDOT) and an unlimited bidding capacity with the South Carolina Department of Transportation (SCDOT).
We also have a bonding capacity that provides a 10 million single project and a 20 million for aggregate. Our bonding company has issued performances and payment bonds for contracts valued in the range of 10 million to 20 million.
GradeSouth, Inc. management staff is fully capable to procure, bid, design, construct and manage any project put forth with efficiency and confidence to deliver the completed project on time and within budget.
We have a long list of satisfied customers including
- Westinghouse Savannah River Site (WSRC)
- US Army Corp of Engineers
- USDA Forestry Services
- Flour Daniels, Inc.
- Bechtel, Inc.
- Georgia Department of Transportation
- South Carolina Department of Transportation
- Shaw Areva MOX services
- Baker Concrete
- Savannah River Nuclear Solutions
- Savannah River Remediation Services
- Morgan Corporation
- Plant Vogtle Nuclear Plant