Preceding our commitment to quality work is our commitment to safety. Without a safe work environment, quality work is not achievable.
Preceding our commitment to quality work is our commitment to safety. Without a safe work environment, quality work is not achievable. We employ our own Safety Manager that adheres to the strict rules and regulations of OSHA, client company safety programs as well as our own Safety Program. Our current EMR rating is a .91 and we continue to strive to make our work environment as safe as possible.
We look forward to the possibility of working with you and your associates in the near future. Please do not hesitate to contact us at any time with any questions or comments or if you need assistance with any budgeting purposes.
Ray Alan Waide Sr, CHST
Safety Manager 803-827-0136
About Ray Alan Waide Sr, CHST
Ray Waide has been employed with Beam’s Contracting/Grade South, Inc. since 2002. He has held the position of Safety Director for 16 years.
Ray’s previous work experience includes a position as operation manager/safety officer and craft safety officer with ten years’ experience in the construction and waste hauling fields.
He was employed as an instrumentation fitter with Beacon Construction Company where he was on the safety committee for his craft. He was responsible for relating safety hazards that were present in the field to assist management to analyze the job sites for safety in the work areas.
At Fennell Container Company, Ray was the operations manager/safety officer overseeing work performed in Aiken, Barnwell and Bamburg counties, as well as the waste hauling contract at Savannah River Site. While there, his responsibilities included:
- Ensuring the safe and timely operation of residential/commercial routes on and offsite
- Conducted weekly safety meetings to work crews Oversaw all crews in maintaining compliance with OSHA and DOT regulations
- Developed and issued proper handling and hauling procedures for contaminated soil and asbestos being removed from SRS for BSRI
- Worked with STR’s Lionel Williams and J.J. White with WSRC
Training and Certifications
- OSHA 30 HOUR Construction Safety and Health
- Competent Person Trenching and Excavation
- First Aid and CPR Training
- Certified NSC Flagger Instructor
- Georgia/DOT and South Carolina Worksite Erosion Control Supervisor
- HAZMAT and Homeland Security Training
- HAZWOPPER 40 HOUR Training
- Respiratory Protection Training
- Forklift Instructor Training
- Certificate in Principles of Safety-NSC
- Certificate in Safety Management Technologies-NSC
- Certificate in Safety Training Methods-NSC
- Advance Safety Certificate-NSC
- Class “A” CDL Driver with HAZMAT and Tanker Endorsements
- Authorized OSHA Outreach Trainer in Occupational Safety & Health Standards in the Construction Industry 10 HOUR and 30 HOUR Courses
- OSHA 10 HOUR General Industry
- CHST (Construction Health & Safety Technician) Board of Certified Safety Professionals
- Certificate Temporary Traffic Control Design & Supervision – NSC for State of South Carolina
- MSHA Training New Miner A, B & C
Responsibilities and Duties
- Conducts safety training for employees
- Prepares & presents safety meetings
- Ensures D.O.T. compliance is maintained for all CDL trucks
- Utility locates
- Ensures all employees are in compliance with OSHA regulations
- Conducts D.O.T. training for CDL drivers
- Certified flagging Instructor
- South Carolina & Georgia Erosion Control Supervisor
- Forklift Instructor
- Job hazard analyst
- Performs site safety inspections